Intromission: Misrepresent (rocket) Stove

Some days past I've created a collapsable rocket stove. I've used it rather ofttimes in my garden but it was not perfect at altogether.

The idea is really old the fist pictures date back to 2022. (It started with a leftover from my get lamp)

basic requirements are:

- Need to be a garden rocket range (because I can)

- Untarnished sword cooktop

Supplies

Quite a lot of brand

close to stones

Step 1: Trim Unfastened the Pipes

I've needed a more elliptical chimney for a wagerer heat dispersion and to create more estrus at all. Therefore I had to baseball swing overt the pipes.

Step 2: Weld It Together the Pipes Again

Weld it together to create the wanted shape and add the feeding pipe.

The feeding pipe has a extra degree, this way it is possible to make a individual feeding fireplace.

Step 3: Add a Ash Screen

To allow also to purpose forest coal or other combustible material I've added a screen also this allows even more air to be sucked in. The concealment itself is made out of gaga nails and a metal mesh.

Step 4: Cauterise in Test

Due to the lack of modelling software I've created everything ethical out of my head. I've planed that the air is sucked in over the feeding tube, hit the rearward paries and get redirected to a global pattern. But this was not tested till this manoeuvre. Moreover the temperature cast was not clear.

I got over 500°C (932°F) when half loaded which is OK

I also got my circular transmit movement, which result in a well-nigh smokeless combustion.

Pace 5: Frame

On that point is zipp to say approximately the frame... You'll see later what every last the bars are about.

Step 6: Ash tree Box

I've found a rattling familiar tool-box which I've now used as a ash box. thence I've removed the handle and former stuff now it is a neat fit for my BBQ

Step 7: More Inner Structure

To support the gravel which we'll add later we necessitate to lend a thick peace of steel and curve a hole into it to allow airflow to the fire and ash to be filtered down.

Whole step 8: Adding the Outer Layer

To protect the surroundings aka kids from my BBQ-grill and vice versa I've added a stratum of flimsy sheet metal.

Footfall 9: Leveling the BBQ

information technology is a step but IT is not worth mentioning it... I've leveled the BBQ...

Step out 10: Add the Closing off

To boost up the efficiency I've added an isolation layer of rockwoll, gravel and stones.

This helps to concentrate the heat to the inner Tubes and the external stays cool.

Step 11: Second Test Run

The second test run was really roaring and delicious. I do not have any smoke coming out of the BBQ the temperature is stable and also controllable.

Step 12: Final Pics

The BBQ is really cool. For one meal I only need 2 bricks (like on the 3rd picture)

Be the First to Share

Recommendations

  • Anything Goes Contest 2022

    Anything Goes Contest 2022